Introduction[edit | edit source]
A step-by-step description of the tutorial quests will be here, together with tips on how to start the game right.
For the main quests, go to Story Quests.
Watch for new quests () and completed quests () in the top-right corner of the screen.
Also watch out for new stat points () and new survival points (), likewise in the top-right corner of the screen.
Starting off right[edit | edit source]
Vile demons abound in these dark woods.
You must defend yourself!
- Pick a direction and start walking
- Pick up everything that can be picked up (rmb)
- The world wraps around, so you'll eventually end up where you started
Survival of the fittest[edit | edit source]
- Eat food with right mouse button
Tools for the job[edit | edit source]
- Craft the tools from the crafting panel ("p")
Getting stronger[edit | edit source]
- Depending on your character class, you have either Grit or Intelligence
- Attack power - one point of Attack Power grants 5% increase in damage
- Vitality - one point of Vitality grants 45 to maximum hit points
- Grit - one point of Grit grants 5 to your Armor
- Intelligence - one point of Intelligence grants 1 mana (=additional wand charge)
- Vigor - one point of Vigor grants 2 points to all resistances
Note: Resistances only affects how likely you are to get DOTed. It is NOT a damage reduction.
(DOT = damage over time, e.g. being on fire, being frozen etc.)
- Learning Potion
Instant use items[edit | edit source]
- Place the potion to your active hotbar (on the left) and press the hotkey to use it.
- Your first class Ancient Item
Ancient items[edit | edit source]
- Place the ancient item to your ancient items hotbar (on the right) and press the hotkey to use it.
Cooking your food[edit | edit source]
- Make sure you stand close to the Campfire to be able to cook the food.
Your home base[edit | edit source]
- You need to mine 20 Cobblestone for the Portable Forge , which takes a while
- You also need to mine 2 Iron Ore to smelt into Iron Bars for the Handy Workbench
- Both Cobblestone and Iron ore can be found in patches just below the surface
Keeping yourself fed[edit | edit source]
- The Planter box can only be placed on an even terrain. Make sure there are no things in the way. A green outline indicates that you can build the planter box in that place
- Pick the planter box item and move it over to the world to place it
Surviving Skills[edit | edit source]
Your survival rank will increase the amount of feed that crops and cooked food provide. So, it is important to work on it.
- You can read more about the Survival panel here
Commander Vile[edit | edit source]
- Commander Vile is very difficult to outrun, but you can prepare a column to block him, and make a hole to safely shoot through
- This strategy works with Sword and Shield and Dual Swords as well
- Using a Scroll of Blessing may also help mitigate the danger
- Killing Commander Vile stops The Corruption of It from spreading and Monsters from spawning on the surface
- Recipe for the Homestone
- Commander Vile always drops a random weapon on death, proportional in strength to the player's level
Round and Round[edit | edit source]
- The default key for Recalling (teleporting to the Homestone ) is "T"
- To teleport back to where you were (teleporting from the Homestone ) use "E" while standing near it
- Softcore: Before a difficult encounter (for example a boss fight), it's a good idea to recall once first to set your teleport location to that place. This way, if you die, you can quickly return there, saving a lot of time
- (please come back later)