How to play guide for It Lurks Below
|This article is a stub. You can help It Lurks Below Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for It Lurks Below. While there is very little information available at this time, we urge you to check back often, as new information is being added all the time! Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions. See also Graphical user interface and Tutorial Quests
Controls[edit | edit source]
- WASD - up/left/down/right, Movement, crouch, menus etc.
- Up/Down - Scroll world map up or down
- Space - Jump
- P or C - crafting panel
- I or B - inventory
- M or Tab - world map
- R - recharge wand
- F1 - debug
- Alt (hold) - Show the name above items on the ground
- E - interact
- V - Survival window
- Z - Sleep
- 0-9 - Select item bar slot or use item in item bar slot
- Q - Select item bar slot 0 or use item in item bar slot 0 (Presumably Q is for "quaff" so you should put a potion in slot 0)
- F - Select item bar slot 9 or use item in item bar slot 9
- Left mouse button - Dig, Place a block, fire weapon. Use shift to dig or place to background instead.
- Right mouse button - Pick up item or placed item, open/close door
- Shift + Right mouse button - Pick up item
- Mouse wheel - Cycle through item bar items or Scroll crafting bar
The UI to rebind keys in-game is not implemented yet. However, you can rebind your keys (and set some other things as well) by manually re-writing values in the "ilb_config.txt" file located in your save folder. Run the game at least once for this file to be created. You can access your save folder quickly by searching for "%localappdata%\Graybeard Games\It Lurks Below". The full path is "c:\users\ <your name> \AppData\Local\Graybeard Games\It Lurks Below". The key codes can be found at "https://wiki.libsdl.org/SDLKeycodeLookup". Use the decimal values.
You may also use https://it-lurks-below.github.io/remapper/ to help with generating the config file.
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Melee: Crouching with Sword and Shield in hand doubles your Block. (Dodge stays the same!)
- Using "e" to teleport down and "t" to teleport back to base is the safest way to use the Homestone. (To make sure you don't lose the saved spot)
- When you start, walk around the world picking up (right clicking) everything you possibly can.
- On Survival mode, work through the quests quickly, and after getting the Homestone, delve down to get more food.
- Also on Survival mode, don't eat raw food if you can help it. Cook it first. Note that the higher your Survival Rank is, the more feed you gain by cooking.
- Don't worry about where you put the workbench, anvil, etc. You can move those later. Actually, you can carry them around all the time.
- After you kill Command Vile, the boss of the overworld, the corruption stops growing. Build traps (pits and walls) at either end of it to catch invaders. Example
- If you're having trouble with a boss (other than Vile), skip it for a while and come back when you're more powerful.
- You can change the gem socketed in your armor by simply socketing a new gem. The old one will be placed back into your inventory.
- Make sure to invest survival skill points in improved picks (copper and mithril especially) early. They speed up digging.
- You can use arcing wands to mine. They are wonderful.
- Creative mode is easier - monsters are less chalenging, there's no hunger, no invasions, and no corpse runs. And you have access to various blocks from the start.
- Time: 1 in-game hour takes 30 seconds in real life (each 15 minutes lasts 7.5 seconds). This leads to an easy calculation of "number of real-life minutes" * 2 = "number of in-game hours".
- Time: For example, 12 IRL minutes = 24 in-game hours.
- Farming seeds drop from monsters, chests and seed bags.