How to play guide for It Lurks Below
|This article is a stub. You can help It Lurks Below Wiki by .|
This page will serve as a basic how to play guide for It Lurks Below. Feel free to edit this guide with any tips, tricks, and suggestions.
Controls[edit | edit source]
Controls can be configured in the options menu.
The default controls are:
- A/D - move left/right
- S - crouch, drop from platform
- Space - Jump
- E - interact, extract seeds
- R - recharge wand
- Z - sleep
- Left mouse button - use weapon, dig, place a block or object. Hold Shift to dig or place to background instead. Hold Ctrl for the second background layer.
- Right mouse button - Pick up item, harvest crop, open/close door
- Shift + Right mouse button - Pick up placed item, device, or building
- Mouse wheel - Cycle through item bar items, scroll through ancient item ranks, scroll crafting bar, switch panel pages
- P or C - crafting panel
- I or B - inventory
- V - Survival panel
- M or Tab - world map
- Up/Down - Scroll world map up or down
- Alt (hold) - Show the name above items on the ground
- 0-9,-.= - Select item bar slot or use item in item bar slot
- F - Select item bar slot 6 or use item in item bar slot 6
- H - Use or activate ancient item in item bar slot 9
- G - Use or activate ancient item in item bar slot 0
- W - Use or activate ancient item in item bar slot 11
- Q - Use or activate ancient item in item bar slot 12
- F1 - debug information
Location of save files: C:\Users***\AppData\Local\Graybeard Games\It Lurks Below
Location of crash dumps: C:\Users***\AppData\Local\CrashDumps
Gui Cheat Sheet[edit | edit source]
Tips and tricks[edit | edit source]
- Melee: Crouching with Sword and Shield in hand doubles your Block. (Dodge stays the same!)
- Using E to teleport down and T to teleport back to base is the safest way to use the Homestone. (To make sure you don't lose the saved spot)
- When you start, walk around the world picking up (right clicking) everything you possibly can.
- On Survival mode, don't eat raw food if you can help it. Cook it first. Note that the higher your Survival Rank is, the more feed you gain by cooking.
- Don't worry about where you put the workbench, anvil, etc. You can move those later. You can carry them in your inventory.
- After you kill Command Vile, the boss of the overworld, the corruption stops growing. Build traps (pits and walls) at either end of it to catch invaders. Example
- If you're having trouble with a boss (other than Vile), skip it for a while and come back when you are more powerful.
- You can change the gem socketed in your armor by simply socketing a new gem. The old one will be placed back into your inventory.
- Make sure to invest survival skill points in mining perks and better picks. They speed up digging and survival rank gain.
- You can use arcing wands to mine. They are wonderful.
- Creative mode is easier if you want to build things - monsters are less challenging, there's no hunger, no invasions, and no corpse runs. And you have access to various blocks from the start.
- (possibly outdated) Time: 1 in-game hour takes 30 seconds in real life (each 15 minutes lasts 7.5 seconds). This leads to an easy calculation of "number of real-life minutes" * 2 = "number of in-game hours".
- (possibly outdated) Time: For example, 12 minutes = 24 in-game hours.
- Get seeds by extracting them from crops. There is a 35% chance to get two seeds from one crop. Manage your farming to make sure you have enough to eat and plant.
- Sometimes seeds also drop from monsters, chests and seed bags.